Join us for NATEP’s latest event where five exciting new aerospace technologies will be showcased. We will also be considering the competitive advantage for SMEs that offer new and innovative solutions that help deliver wider social value benefits to the supply chain.
With the event moderated by Alan Peaford – FINN’s Editor in Chief – and contributions from Denzil J. Lawrence, Boeing Globalisation & Supplier Development and Dr Cristina Garcia Duffy – ATI’s Head of Technology, Strategy & Integration, we can enjoy an interesting session.
The five NATEP beneficiaries are:
- Cabot Design – Project: Cabin Interior Monument FEM Automation
- Helitune – Project: Enhanced Safety for small to medium sized helicopters
- Sensor Coating Systems – Project: Enhanced thermal mapping for higher efficiencies – TIPTOE temperature indicating paints for aero engines
- Technical Composite Systems – Project: Composite baseplates for aerospace antennas
- Tower DMS – Project: Smart Cal
The National Aerospace Technology Exploitation Programme (NATEP) is a five year, £15m programme aimed at small and medium sized suppliers to help them develop their own innovative technologies to enhance their capabilities and increase their ability to win new business with higher tier companies anywhere in the world. Calls are currently open for Autumn 2021 and Spring 2022. Find out how to apply for funding.
The Opportunity of Social Value:
UK aerospace innovation is world leading and can generate significant gains in terms of environmental and sustainable benefits, maintaining high value technologies in the UK and securing high value jobs.
As procurement within global aerospace supply chains evolves towards more qualitative dimensions of social and ecological sustainability, reinforced by the growing expectations of consumers and employees to engage in pro-social initiatives – can innovative SMEs leverage their corporate responsibility strategy as an effective way to set their organisation apart for a competitive advantage?
- Welcome address – Kevin Craven, ADS Chief Executive
- Welcome & introduction – Alan Peaford, FINN Editor in Chief
- Showcase of beneficiary videos: Helitune, Technical Composite Systems
- ATI – Dr Cristina Garcia Duffy, ATI’s Head of Technology, Strategy & Integration
- Showcase of beneficiary videos: Cabot Design, Sensor Coating Systems, Tower DMS
- Boeing – Denzil J. Lawrence, Globalisation & Supplier Development
- Discussion (ATI/Boeing/5 beneficiaries)
- Final remarks & close: Harriet Wollerton, NATEP Programme Director