The Lufthansa Group is extending its Green Fares to long-haul flights, with the fare being tested on 12 selected flight routes from November 30.

The selection includes connections between Lufthansa Group hubs and various destinations around the world including two routes from North America.

From the Lufthansa Group hubs, for example, Frankfurt – Bengaluru, Brussels – Kinshasa, or Zurich – Los Angeles are offered.

Anyone booking flights with Lufthansa Group airlines, for example from London to Hong Kong or Paris to Bangkok, via the airlines’ hubs, will also automatically be shown the Green Fares tariff.

The Lufthansa Group also offers Green Fares for routes with connecting flights. This broad selection addresses different target groups.

“People want to fly and be mobile, they want to explore the world, visit friends and family or seal deals in person. The growing demand for our Green Fares show that more and more people want to travel as sustainably as possible. We support them with suitable offers. The Green Fares test on long-haul flights will provide us with important insights for the further development of our portfolio for more sustainable travel,” said Christina Foerster, member of the Lufthansa Group Executive Board responsible for brand and sustainability.

Harry Hohmeister, member of the Lufthansa Group Executive Board responsible for global markets and network, said: “The Lufthansa Group continues to expand its innovative services for more sustainable flying. We are pioneers worldwide with simple, easy-to-book and individual offers for our customers. I am delighted that we are now also offering Green Fares on selected long-haul flights on all hub airlines. This also clearly demonstrates the strength of our multi-hub and multi-brand strategy.”

In February, the Lufthansa Group successfully introduced Green Fares for routes within Europe and to North Africa, and increasingly, more customers are booking the offer. Since the launch, more than half a million passengers have already opted for a Green Fares flight.

The fare includes full offsetting of individual, flight-related CO2 emissions with just one click through the use of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) and a contribution to high-quality climate protection projects.

With SAF, a reduction of 10 percent of CO2 emissions is achieved, while the remaining 90 percent is offset through climate protection projects.
Subscribe to the FINN weekly newsletter